You know what next week is? New Year’s! When everyone reflects on the past year and looks forward to what’s to come. It is all about resolutions you didn’t quite follow or new ones to put into place. I think a recurring one for me (and the rest of the world maybe?) is getting fit, losing weight, and keeping it off. Easier said than done, let me tell you.
Here are some websites that help inspire me though and hopefully you as well, in order to get on track with eating and work outs:
- Hungry Girl – head here for recipes, restaurant recipe makeovers, grocery shopping tips, product reviews, and more http://www.hungry-girl.com/
- Skinny Kitchen – creative holiday recipes, nutritious snacks, restaurant inspired recipes, round-ups of recipes, and the list goes on, can be found at this site http://www.skinnykitchen.com/
- Skinny Taste – great photos and light recipes await on this family friendly food filled site http://www.skinnytaste.com
- Eat Yourself Skinny – a perfect place to visit for lightened up versions of party treats like cocktail recipes, desserts, and more, plus ideas for everyday life, leaving no shortage of food ideas on this site http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/
- Weight Watchers – although I am no longer a member because of the $$, I still am a subscriber to the website, where for free, you get recipes and tips http://www.weightwatchers.com
- Carrots ‘n Cake – filled with pug pics, Crossfit work-outs, fitness gear, and also recipes, it is a great website to follow for motivation http://carrotsncake.com/
- Kalyn’s Kitchen – recipes inspired by a low carb, South Beach type diet, there are recipes for everyone to enjoy http://www.kalynskitchen.com
- Healthy Living Blogs – a place to be introduced to new healthy bloggers, learn fitness tips, find out events, and learn about giveaways, this site is filled with informative info http://healthylivingblogs.com/
- Health – lightened up snacks, work out ideas, and all kinds of advice can be found at this online magazine http://www.health.com/health/
- Self – strength training ideas, meal plans, cardio interval training gym outlines, and even free yoga videos await you http://www.self.com/
- Shape - sign up for free newsletters featuring topics like what to eat and not eat and ways to “shape your body” http://www.shape.com/
- DailyBuzz Healthy Living – their top 9 covers specific food recipes, work outs, and other health related topics from a wide range of writers around the web – http://healthyliving.dailybuzz.comyliving.dailybuzz.com
- Eat and Sip in the City – ok so I have to self promote for just one sec ! I am always on the lookout for free work outs, diet and fitness tips from experts, new products to try, etc, and have a section on my site for Weight Loss. Also most of my worthwhile reads from the web from the week have a healthy recipe or fitness article or work out included mixed in with other splurge worthy foods, fashion articles, motivational blog posts, and other things I have found and feature http://eatandsipinthecity.com/
Q: What sites do you frequent for healthy recipes, work out ideas, motivation, fitness gear, food product reviews, etc ? Fill me in!